The author

The author

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The worst



Many years ago my jaw was fractured in two places in the front of it and had to get my mouth wired. For several months I wasn’t able to eat food normally and was literally and physically talking thru the wire. After the wires were removed my teeth begin to bother me. My wisdom tooth on the left side would get tooth aches if I ate too many snickerdoodles or drank that damn good lemonade from Chik fil a. I always thought that any time that I would get a tooth ache I’ll ride it out with expired oxys or drink alot of water and the swelling will go down along with my sweet tooth gone. That was until…

The day I felt a ting of uncomfort on the right side of my face I figured I must have put way too much sugar into my coffee.  I took some Motrin and shaked off the discomfort. The normal side effects of swelling and mild pain in the back of my mouth came and I dealt with it using my normal regimen of expired control substances and water. In my brain I was flushing the sweetness out with the water. Go ahead and laugh, I will do anything to avoid the dentist. Lawd knows how I hate going there. Needless to say that after a week of  having a half swollen face and being in pain I finally made an emergency appointment to the dentist. I should have never walked in that place.

Despise the warnings from everybody telling me that I would have to get my teeth pulled I ignored them and prayed to the Gods of the Seven the old and the new, to The Universe and to any deity that would listen to me and answer my selfish prayer. Needless to say my prayers wasn’t answered and all my naysayers hit me with the infamous “I told you so.” I have never gotten anything extracted from my body ever in my life. When I got my jaw wired, I was put to sleep. So as this lady explained to me what she will be doing to me I felt my hands begin to shake. It wasn’t a shake you do when you are idly waiting, it was “Oh shit I’m scared as shit” shake. Why was I shaking??? Cause if you didn’t grasp it…. I was scared as shit. 

When she begin to put the anesthetic in my gums around the areas she was going to be removing my teeth it was a water show. My eyes filled up with water and no matter how much I told myself that I wouldn’t cry and for me to get my shit together the more the tears flow. I have said it before I will say it again, I am a crier. I cry and I’m not ashamed of it. And beloved I cried sweet tears of fear that day because I didn’t know what to expect. Once things begin to go numb she did her business of removing both of my teeth. The top tooth (#1) went in less then three minutes. I was half way thru T.I rapping all about the money when the doctor’s cute little assistant showed me my tooth. The bottom one (#32) took more of fight and although I didn’t feel pain I felt pressure and being that I was given numbing medication I didn’t want to feel nothing!!!! My hands was shaking  and I was holding on to that chair for dear life! I’m sure my sounds of shrieking worried some of the patients but I truly didn’t care. 

After the tears and almost fifteen minutes later I was toothless in the rear side of my mouth, unable to say words and worrying about what the real pain will feel like once the numbing meds wore off.  I laughed when the doctor told me to come back next month so that she can get the teeth on the other side. “Yeah right lady, I’ll see you when I’m in pain.” I paid them and went about my day. Rushed to get my meds all swollen in the face and drooling. lol Yes I was drooling. Not like a long line of drool but none the less my mouth was super wet and my lips was super dry. I don’t know how that was possibly but none the less it was happening. 

I love food. Like I love to eat so being that something that I had no control over was stopping me from eating I was not a happy camper! Then I had to take off of work which I don’t like to do unless I’m going on vacay. So now I can only eat soft foods like an infant that’s teething, with a swollen side of my face (luckily no one can tell since my cheeks are already fat) & a bag full of meds that need to be taken every 4-6 hours. I’m happy that I will no longer feel pain once this is healed and homegirl is smoking some hella good dope to think I’ll be coming back to get this treatment done to the other side of my face!!!! Hellllllll nahhhhhh. Man that was the worst…



Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment