The author

The author

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

G(ood) V(ibes) O(nly)


I was reading Joel Osteen’s book “ I delcare” one beautiful April morning. I tend to read at least one of his chapters everyday to start my day off right with good vibes and place myself (if it’s not already) in a good mood. I was reading chapter 14 and in this delcaration it talks about blessing people with your words. It has a small affrimation that reads “I’m proud of you, I love you, you are amazing, you are talented, you are beautiful, you will do great things in life.” I sent that out to tweleve of my closet friends and family members. The repsonses I got back was inspiring and eye opening at the same time.

When I sent the text out to those individuals I didn’t sent it in a group text. I also didn’t add any special notes in the text body. Just a swift copy and paste and send. I sent this off to give these people that I care about greatly and I’m not sure if I tell them how aewsome they are enough.  That particular morning I didn’t know all of their worries or problems. I didn’t know how their morning went or how the prior evening went all I knew was that I wanted to send these people some positivity. So I sent it. 

The first response I recieved from one of the tweleve was “This isn’t a suicide note is it?” I felt many mixed emotions about this reply. I was disgusted that he would even suggest such a thing. My life may seem dreary to some but I’m far from sucidical. I was very disappointed that he couldn’t see the sun shining down on him in his clouds. I know that he is a Class A pessimist and would complain about anything possibly possible to complain about on a beuatiful day so I can’t be totally dissatisifed with him for not seeing the beauty in what I sent to him. The next response came from my sis who even though we don’t have the same parents, that’s blood. She replied with a message as loving and positive as the one I sent. I knew she would give me what I gave her even though that wasn’t my objective. To be quite honest I didn’t know what to expect from these people. 

Someone asked me if I meant to send that to her as though by some chance she felt as though she didn’t deserve such a loving and uplifting message from me. Or as though she thought I couldn’t produce such of a message. And to be fair I didn’t, Joel did. I just shared it to the approriate people. Which should have been enough but it made me go to Twitter and ask “Why is it so hard for you niggas to accept someone sending you some positivity?” I mean cause really let me get that same message and I would be over joyed. I would two step my day away knowing someone thinks enough of me to send me that. But… I recieved two more “Is this for me?” and two more “ Are you ok?” messages. All others was nothing but grateful to recieve such a message and told me they love me too or a simple thank you. I also sent it to a group chat of women that I have known since before I could remember and although I didn’t go back to check the other responses the inital responses was enough to make me shake my head and close the app we use to communicate on. 

 I didn’t expect a respsonse but those that replied back being grateful made me smile a bit my day went on as planned. It was those that couldn’t t phanthom the idea of me sending such a text is what bothered me a bit. So it made me to come to this conlusion: That not every one can handle being told that they are loved by someone else. Regardless if it is platonic, family or friends with benefits.  Also I noticed that not all people are open to accept positivity or being shown gratitude for whatever accomplishments that they have. I really think it’s quite sad. Aren’t you suppose to show praise or love to your homies? Aren’t you suppose to lift those up who are around you? I mean how do you expect to be great if those you consider squad are you are iight (please say that in the ratchtest voice possible)???? Is it really that bad out here that mofos is that miserable that they can’t accept love or a little ray of sunshine?? I’m not sure, nor is it my problem to worry about the misery one may or may not be in. All I can keep doing is to keep recieving the affrimations and positive messages and sending that positivity out there to the Universe.  Maybe the people I share my messages with will share it to someone else, maybe not. That’s not my problem, as long as I stay positive and keep positive people around me then I’m good. It’s the law of attraction, think good and you shall attract good. Do good and you shall be good. It’s quite simple. 


Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment